Tune in at 8:00 on Tuesday, January 31 on the Cooking Channel (channel 182 for Comcast digital cable subscribers). (The episode will also repeat at February 4 (4:30 PM) and February 16 (10:00 PM).)
As a bonus, Gladys shared the recipe for the delicious Fred and Ethel fish sliders with Eat St. Check out the recipe here, or below the fold.
Fred and Ethel Fish Sliders, courtesy of Babaloo
Yields 18 servings
- 5 pounds fish fillets, such as basa, tilapia or halibut
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 scallions, minced
- 2 serrano chiles, minced
- 1/4 bunch fresh cilantro, minced
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 36 brioche buns, split
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons lemon creme fraiche
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons tropical slaw
Cut the fish fillets in half lengthwise to facilitate feeding through a meat grinder. Grind the fish into a large nonreactive bowl. Set over a large bowl of ice to keep cold.
Heat a flat griddle or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Drizzle a little olive oil on the pan and cook the fish cakes for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Toast the buns lightly on the griddle. Spread each half of the buns with the lemon creme fraiche. Pile the slaw on the bottom buns and add the fish cakes and top buns. Secure with a long wooden skewer. Serve.